Some of Godâs most well-known positive attributes are as follows.
- God is omniscient (ÃAlÃm); that is, He knows everything.
- God is omnipotent (QÄdir); that is, He has power over all things.
- God is living (Hayy): Life is the quality that enables knowledge and power.Â God is eternal (QadÃm wa AzalÃ); that is, He is without beginning or end.Â
A number of Godâs most well-known negative attributes are as follows.
- God is not composite; He is, rather, simple.Â If He were composite, He would have been in need of His constituent parts, while He is absolutely self-sufficient, without need.
- God is not corporeal.Â Corporeal being is finite, mutable, and perishable, but He is infinite, immutable, and imperishable.
- God is not perceptible, for if He were perceptible, He would have been corporeal, but He is incorporeal.
- God is without equal; He is unique.Â If there were other beings on a par with and equal to Him, He would have been finite and limited, for it is impossible for two absolutely infinite beings to coexist.Â Furthermore, the unity of the order governing this world clearly demonstrates the unity of its creator.
Question and answer is powered by AnsPress.io