How can we understand if our tawbah is accepted by Allah or not?
Three conditions must be met for a sinnerâs repent to be accepted:
1. He or she must desist from the action.Â E.g. In the case of missingÂ salat, a person must stop skippingÂ salatÂ and begin to pray the five prayers daily.
2. He or she must regret having done that action.Â In the above case of missingÂ salat, we must regret the days passed in which we were not performing our compulsoryÂ salat.
3. He or she must make firm and sincere intention not to return to the bad deed.Â One must be determined never to leave the obligatoryÂ salatÂ again, and Allah alone can grantÂ tawfeeq, or the God-given ability to do anything commendable.
The Prophet of Allah (s) said, â€œA repentant has four signs:
1) He is sincere to God in his actions
2) He shuns falsehood
3) He is firmly attached to truth and
4) He is eager to do good. [al-Harani,Â Tuhaf al-`Uqul, p. 20]
ÙŽÙ‚ÙŽØ§Ù„ÙŽ Ø±ÙŽØ³ÙÙˆÙ„Ù Ø§Ù„Ù„Ù‡ ØµÙ„ÛŒ Ø§Ù„Ù„Ù‡ Ø¹Ù„ÛŒÙ‡ ÙˆØ¢Ù„Ù‡ Ø£ÙŽÙ…Ù‘ÙŽØ§ Ø¹ÙŽÙ„ÙŽØ§Ù…ÙŽØ©Ù Ø§Ù„ØªÙ‘ÙŽØ§Ø¦ÙØ¨Ù ÙÙŽØ£ÙŽØ±Ù’Ø¨ÙŽØ¹ÙŽØ©ÙŒ
1- Ø§Ù„Ù†Ù‘ÙŽØµÙÙŠØÙŽØ©Ù Ù„ÙÙ„Ù‘ÙŽÙ‡Ù ÙÙÙŠ Ø¹ÙŽÙ…ÙŽÙ„ÙÙ‡ÙÂ 2- ÙˆÙŽ ØªÙŽØ±Ù’ÙƒÙ Ø§Ù„Ù’Ø¨ÙŽØ§Ø·ÙÙ„ÙÂ 3- ÙˆÙŽ Ù„ÙØ²ÙÙˆÙ…Ù Ø§Ù„Ù’ØÙŽÙ‚Ù‘ÙÂ 4- Â ÙˆÙŽ Ø§Ù„Ù’ØÙØ±Ù’ØµÙ Ø¹ÙŽÙ„ÙŽÙ‰ Ø§Ù„Ù’Ø®ÙŽÙŠÙ’Ø±Ù Â